San Gabriel Flyfishers (SGF) provides a forum for the exchange of information between members concerning the techniques of the sport of fly fishing and for the enjoyment of friendship and good sportsmanship.
San Gabriel Fly Fishers is a member of the Federation of Fly Fishers (FFF) that was established in 1965 to educate outdoors enthusiasts to the enjoyment of the sport of fly fishing and to be the voice for fly fishers on issues that affect the quality of our fisheries, from mountain streams to the oceans -- "All Fish, All Waters".
- This web site (www.sgflyfishers.com)
- SGF's club newsletter, "Reel Tales", about current club and area fly fishing activities
- FFF's national magazine, "The Flyfisher", published 4 times a year for FFF members
- SGF and FFF classes, forums, workshops, and shows
- Programs from persons outside the club with special knowledge or skills related to fly fishing
- Programs for knot tying, terminal tackle, rod and reel selection, fly tying and fly casting
- Flagship FFF program of Catch and Release
- "Know Your Stream" - analysis of aquatic life and habitats in local waters
- "Adopt a Stream" - protection and preservation effort for a local river
- Conserving our native fishes through inventory and preservation
- Monthly Meetings
- Member outings on a monthly basis, including:
- Bay area - coastal trips to float or wade for redfish, trout, flounder, etc.
- Regional lakes and rivers - day float trips for Central Texas warm water fish
- Area private lakes and streams for trout, bass, etc.
- Shared Programs with other clubs, for example, fly tying
- Community Outreach Programs - Boy Scout Merit Badge programs, learn to cast activities, etc.
- Fly Tying Classes - beginner and intermediate level
- Fly Casting Clinics - fundamentals and increased skills